I am NOT very pleased with the person who taught my youngest to jimmy locked doors.
I am particularly perturbed at that person when I’m in the shower and I never hear the door open – just the whoosh of my pink-on-pink shower curtain before the icy breeze grabs at my exposed body parts (for some reason, I can never remember to turn on the heating lamps).
“Whatcha doin’, Mommy? Can you make me some more chocolate milk?” My three year old’s big blue eyes blink as if she thinks I really am doing nothing.
“I will do it as soon as I get out of the shower, OK Fluffy-Butt?”
She shuffles out, and, as always, leaves the door ajar. I tip-toe out and slam it shut and scurry back under the massaging water…aaahhhhh…(crap…forgot to turn the heating lamp on AGAIN…)
Whoosh – another freezing blast as the curtains flies open, “Never mind, Mommy,” she bounces up and down on her toes with excitement, so that her blond ringlets bop like a poodle with long hair, “I’ll just do it myself.”
OK, pretty much nothing makes me jump out of the shower and into a towel faster than those words. All visions of washing my tension away disappear instantly, replaced by visions of my family-size bottle of Hershey’s chocolate dripping off my table and a gallon of milk like an ocean on my floor. Complete with ten footprints tracking it through my house, because I know no one except for me will bother to clean it up! (All in a day’s work. That’s why we moms get paid the “big bucks”, right?)
So, for this Mother’s Day, I still want my pampering, my gifts, my champagne and my trip to the Saratoga Racino. But most of all, I would LOVE a nice, long, hot shower.
Today, I present to you my second nomination for The Versatile Blogger Award:
Rules for the Versatile Blogger
- Thank the person and/or blog for the nomination!…
- Share 7 Facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 Blogs/Bloggers that I follow
Seven Facts About Me:
- I was named after my maternal grandmother who was named after Queen Victoria. My five daughters are all named after princesses/queens, as well.
- I can do backbends, flips and push-ups, but no matter how hard I try, I CANNOT do a single sit-up…UGH…
- I like chocolate sprinkles on my grapefruit halves.
- I enjoy practical jokes immensely.
- I am an only child and that is the saddest thing in my life.
- In my “spare time” I am studying for my certificate in gemology.
- I believe firmly in guardian angels.
I am going to honor one blogger a day so no one gets lost in my list of 15…please MAKE SURE to check back daily and see if YOU, or maybe someone you know or follow, has been nominated!
My Versatile Blogger Award Nominee #2
EricaJGreen’s Blog – Navigating Wonderland – I just HAVE to follow this blog. Iceland!!!! And Animals!!
italy with grace – Grace lives in Italy, and is an EXTREMELY gifted writer. Even her comments are magnificent!!